Monday, February 9, 2009

Feeling the Heat...

It's our third week in class, and every week I seem to sweat a little more. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, and most importantly, it's as hot as a sauna in here, no kidding. We have a fan going, and it cools the place down by a couple of degrees for the few seconds that it blows in each direction. The other reason is that the class is moving at a very fast pace. Scripts for our first piece are already due next week.

Finding a topic (Top basketball recruits in Illinois choosing to play their college careers in a different state) was the easy part. I was lucky to get a partner (John) who is as interested in the topic as I am. I also have received some help from our 'partner' class (advanced sports reporting). Steve, who is working on a similar story, is helping with interviews with players, and Eli recommended this website: http://illinoishsbasketball.com/. I feel a little overwhelmed with the pace of the class, but I'm hoping that once John, Steve, and I get the ball rolling, the pressure will fall off a bit, and maybe they'll turn down the heat a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment